Orientation Week 2023
It's time to begin your journey at the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music.
Essential information and opportunities to connect will be presented throughout the week.
Find your course below and check your program carefully.
Southbank Welcome Day is your chance to get to know your campus and celebrate the start of your study journey.
Pre-Orientation Workshops will be hosted across 2-15 February and are designed to help you get started. Learn more about ensembles, room bookings, course planning, and more. Register via Pre-Orientation Workshops.
Wominjeka to all new Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students! Connect with staff from the Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development and your fellow First Nations students as part of your Orientation journey.
Southbank Welcome Festival
Tuesday 21 February, 12.00-2.30pm
Stop by the Wilin Centre marquee and meet the Wilin Centre team.
We’re excited to meet you and have a yarn about how we can support you throughout your studies.
Friday 24 February, 1.00-2.00pm
Come along and grab a feed from PAWA Catering and meet other Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who are new to the Faculty. You'll also receive your orientation Wilin backpack filled with scholarship information, resources and goodies.
Use the Handbook to identify the subjects you will take to meet your course requirements and academic goals. If you are an undergraduate student, we encourage you to explore the interactive My Course Planner tool to understand your course rules, subject requisites, elective, and breadth options.
From there, you can enrol into your subjects via your Study Plan. Enrolling in a subject means that you are officially admitted to study that subject.
Need any assistance with the process? Support is available via Stop 1.
Get organised and learn more about the Faculty’s Timetable and Room Bookings system, ASIMUT.
Introduction to ASIMUT
10.00-11.00am, 15 February
Online via Zoom
The Southbank Hub is the home to University services for all Southbank students. Located in the heart of the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music, the Southbank Hub provides access to vital services and support ranging from Stop 1 student support, library services, counselling, and academic services. Explore the range of services offered both online and on-campus via the Southbank Hub.
For further University services and new student support, visit the Current Students website.
Need help getting started? Contact Stop 1.
Make sure you know where you are going! Find the rooms and buildings you need via the Southbank campus map and Parkville campus map.
Want to get a feel for some of our key spaces? Explore the campus before you hit the ground with the Southbank Virtual Tour.
Before you come to campus, make sure you carefully read our attending campus guidelines to make sure you know your responsibilities to help us keep our campuses safe for everyone. Don’t come to campus if you are unwell.
VIEW ALL ORIENTATION PROGRAMS
Acting and Theatre
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Acting)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Theatre)
- Master of Theatre (Directing) (Writing) (Dramaturgy)
Creative Arts and Music Therapy
- Master of Creative Arts Therapy (Drama Therapy)
- Master of Creative Arts Therapy (Dance Movement Therapy)
- Master of Music Therapy
Design and Production
Film and Television
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Animation)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Film and Television)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Screenwriting)
- Master of Film and Television
- Master of Screen Producing
- Master of Screenwriting
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours) (Film and Television)
- Bachelor of Music (Honours) (Interactive Composition)
- Bachelor of Music (Honours) (Jazz and Improvisation)
- Bachelor of Music (Honours) (Performance, Composition, Musicology and Ethnomusicology)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours) (Visual Art)
- Bachelor of Music (Interactive Composition)
- Bachelor of Music (Jazz and Improvisation)
- Bachelor of Music (Performance, Composition. Musicology, Ethnomusicology and Music Studies)
- Diploma in Music
- Graduate Diploma in Music
- Master of Music (Opera Performance)