This application declaration is applicable to all courses offered by the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music.
1. I declare that the information provided by me is true and complete.
A. Authenticity of the submitted folios and work samples
2. I declare the Work/s submitted as part of the selection process, whether assessed or unassessed is my own original work. I understand that “Works” means any intellectual output, and includes text, data, images, sound, performance or any material.
3. I understand that the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music may request that I provide independent verification of the authenticity of the work/s provided under this Declaration. If such request is made, I agree to either provide:
(a) details of appropriate permission obtained from clients, employers, collaborators or peers, who can verify the authenticity of the work/s; or
(b) submit a Statutory Declaration attesting to the authenticity of the work/s.
4. In understand that if I am unable or unwilling to verify the authenticity of the work/s then the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music may refuse to accept my application or admit me into the course.
5. In circumstances where any work/s has been created in collaboration with others then I agree:
(a) To declare any work/s that has been created collaboratively;
(b) provide full acknowledgement of the contribution from other sources;
(c) to declare that I have obtained permission and that the work/s do not to infringe the intellectual property rights of any person,
6. I understand the University reserves the right to check authenticity and that in submitting an application I consent for the University to perform such checks.
7. I understand that the University of Melbourne may ask me to complete additional documentation concerning the academic integrity of Work/s which may be assessed as part of the selection process.
B. Subsequent disposal or use of the submitted work
8. I understand that any physical Works submitted will not be returned to me at the end of the selection process and will become the property of the University of Melbourne. The University of Melbourne may dispose of the Works as it sees necessary.
C. Authentication and documentation of the work experience
9. I understand that as part of my application, I must provide information about my professional experience. I consent to the University to verify independently that the professional experience information is correct, I must submit a Statutory Declaration or equivalent certification that the schedule of work experience submitted is accurate.
(To be read in conjunction with the University of Melbourne Privacy Statement)
1. All Work/s related to my application provided by me or by another person in support of my application, including referee reports and employer references, is regarded as confidential and will only be made available to University staff involved in reviewing and selecting applicants/candidates who wish to study at the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music, the University of Melbourne.
2. All Work/s supplied by myself in connection with this application, including personal statements, folios, photographs or videos that identify me, as well as, any work samples, is regarded as confidential will only be made available except to University staff involved in reviewing and selecting applicants/candidates who wish to study at the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music, the University of Melbourne.
4. I agree to notify the University if there are any changes to my personal information or Work/s.
The University respects the confidentiality of an individual’s status as an applicant.
Applications that seek to remove or modify any of the conditions above will be immediately rejected.
Supplementary Application Form Information:
Information in the supplementary form is being collected by the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music to administer your application for a Fine Arts and Music course. The information may also be used for analysis, quality assurance and planning purposes. The University is using third-party service provider, SlideRoom and/or Acceptd (based in the US), to assist in the management of applications. As part of the application process, SlideRoom and/or Acceptd will collect and manage your personal information and share it with the University. Personal information contained in your application will only be made available to University staff involved in reviewing and selecting applicants/candidates for acceptance to a Fine Arts and Music course. Your application may be deemed ineligible if you do not provide the information requested. You can contact us via this webform if you have any concerns.
For Music Theatre and Dance courses: certain medical information is being collected by the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music to provide a duty of care for applicants during audition and to assess physical fitness in accordance with requirements of the course . You are not required by law to provide the requested information however, we may be unable to audition you as we will unable to provide our duty of care, and effectively assess your application. You can contact us via this webform if you have any concerns.
Information you provide will be used by authorised University staff for the purpose for which it was collected. We will not disclose your personal information to anybody else without your consent, unless we are authorised or required to do so by law.We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold is accurate and complete, and that appropriate technical and organisational security measures are in place and maintained to protect personal information that is transmitted, stored or otherwise processed, from accidental or unlawful destruction, misuse, loss, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure. We will only retain your personal information for as long as required for the purpose for which it was collected and in accordance with our legislative obligations. This information will then be securely destroyed in accordance with the University’s retention and disposal authority.