Supporting indigenous students
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people who are interested in studying at the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music can access support from the Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development.
Staff in the Wilin Centre can provide:
- Advice on approariate and relevant courses available
- Assistance with the application process
- Assistance in preparing for auditions, interviews and portfolio presentations
- Advice on Abstudy, scholarships, grants and other financial assistance
- Assistance with a relocation and housing
- Wilin and Abstudy.
Wilin and Abstudy may provide some travel and accommodation assistance to individuals wishing to study at the Faculty. This could support you to attend auditions and/or interviews.
The Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development provides support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and artists in a variety of ways:
- Cultural support through provision of a culturally safe environment and specific programs
- Advice and advocacy regarding student allowances such as Abstudy and ITAS (Indigenous Tutorial Assistance Scheme)
- Promotion and development of Indigenous scholarships and grants
- Referrals to specialist Indigenous organisations
- Pastoral support
- Academic and personal advocacy
- Wominjeka orientation program
- Community access to VCA and Music facilities
Address: 234 St Kilda Road Southbank Vic 3006
Phone: +61 3 9035 9327