Information about breadth subjects and disciplines within the VCA and Conservatorium
In 2019 there are 8 planned subjects for the School of Art Breadth program. If you cannot enrol in one subject you may wish to try and enrol in others. These are:
- Art and the Botanical FINA20044,Year 2 subject, offered in Winter, July
- Introduction to Screenprinting FINA20045, Year 2 subject, offered in Winter, July
- Life Drawing: The Body FINA10036, Year 1 subject, offered in Semester 1
- Still Life: Nature Morte FINA10035, Year 1 subject, offered in Semester 2
- Introduction to Printmaking Processes FINA20033, Year 2 subject, offered in Winter, July, Semester 2
- Under Camera Animation FINA20036, Year 2 subject, offered in Summer, February, Winter, July
- Drawing with Anatomy FINA20035, Year 2 subject, offered in Summer, February, Winter, July
- Painting Techniques FINA20026, Year 2 subject, offered in Summer, February, Semester 1, Winter, July, Semester 2
Once a subject is full, places do occasionally come up. We don’t offer a waiting list for Breadth subjects, so you’ll need to keep checking online to see if you can enrol.
Because staff don’t track enrolment numbers, we cannot tell you if there are any places.
When you’re planning to enrol, make sure you keep an eye on https://students.unimelb.edu.au/admin/enrolment/dates
If you need assistance or have questions about enrolment or registration please contact Stop 1.
e.g. I want to change from Painting Techniques Summer to Painting Techniques February
Some of our subjects have quotas and if both availabilities for the same subject have reached quota, you will not be able to change availability.
We recommend you familiarise yourself with the Enrolment Dates and subject delivery dates to avoid disappointment.
Please note quota subjects often fill up very quickly when re-enrolment opens.
Contact Stop 1 if you need any assistance with enrolling or withdrawing.
All of our Breadth subjects in VCA Art are designed to be suitable for students with little or no previous art making experience, though they can also cater to those who have made art in the past, and can suit students who have previously undertaken a VCA Art Breadth subject or similar. The classes are very much based around helping you to learn the various techniques and skills required to successfully complete the subject.
You need to contact the subject coordinator to discuss this.
Registrations open at different times, depending on when the subject is starting. For registration opening times specific to the availability/delivery period that you are enrolled in, please see the information here: https://students.unimelb.edu.au/admin/class-registration
Please note: if you are enrolled in an intensive you will need to open up the “Intensive Subjects” tab below the main table.
If registration has already opened for your subject and you are having trouble registering, please contact Stop 1 for assistance.
The University has an Open Day in August each year. Our academic staff are available for personal course-related enquiries on this day and our facilities open for inspection.