Timetable and room bookings
The 2021 timetable will be published at 10am on Tuesday 8 December, 2020. Until then, you can’t view or preference classes for subjects running in Summer Term and Semester 1, 2021. For more information, visit timetable dates.
ASIMUT - Room Bookings
Under COVID-19 restrictions, health and safety measures will continue to change and may impact on timetable and room bookings. Students coming on to campus will need to abide by the Faculty's approval process.
You will need approval before returning to campus. You will not be able to return to campus until you have completed these steps:
- Complete the COVIDSafe Campus online module and save your email confirmation to show when you arrive on campus
- Complete a Health Declaration each time you attend campus.
Details to ensure our community’s health, safety and wellbeing can be found here.
Graduate Researchers approval for campus attendance is managed by Academic Divisions. Please complete a ServiceNow form and also complete the Booking Request Form to book a space on campus. For room availability please log in to ASIMUT.
Please stay up-to-date on our dedicated COVID19 student information website.
MyTimetable is a class timetabling system that creates individual timetables for students based on submitted class preferences, ensuring everyone has an equitable opportunity of getting their preferred class timetable. You will use this system to create your class timetable prior to each study period.
Class timetable opening and closing dates vary for different subject study periods. Check the dates via Timetable Dates for semesters and non-standard study periods to see when you can build a timetable for your subjects.
The following three steps will help you plan your timetable and enter your preferences:
For support and troubleshooting please go to Timetable Help for more information.
Read some useful guides to help view your timetable and make bookings.
How to view your timetable
There are two ways to view your timetable after you have enrolled into your subjects and submitted your preferences via MyTimetable:
- Simply log in to your ASIMUT account and view your agenda
- Subscribe to your ASIMUT calendar feed. Instructions can be found in the main menu of your account under "Calendar feed".
Please note: there is a 24hr delay with any enrolment or class registration changes.
How to make a booking
Below we have created a guide for you to read in PDF format.
Frequently Asked Questions
For information on how to view your timetable and make room bookings
Rules and Regulations
As a student of the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music you have access to designated facilities within your Department.
Rules and Regulations - Room Bookings
By making a room booking, you agree to the following conditions:
- Bookings will not be made for any form of private teaching to members of the public
- Bookings will not be made to generate profit or involve any form of financial transaction
- You will be present in the space booked for the duration of your booking
- You will be able to provide your University ID card upon request to staff members of the University for the duration of your booking
- You will not provide your University ID card to any another person for the purposes of accessing spaces
- Spaces will be left in a clean and tidy state
- Any damage to spaces or equipment will be promptly reported to email@example.com
- No furniture, equipment, instruments or other items will be removed from a space
- You will cancel any booking that are no longer required in advance
- Your adhoc booking may be changed or cancelled at short notice if the room is required for curriculum purposes.
Any breaches of the above conditions, or misuse of any space, will result in booking privileges being restricted.
Booking Terms and Conditions for Students and Staff of the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music
The core business of the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music is its own teaching, learning and research.
- Bookings can only be made by staff and students for curriculum related purposes.
- Booking lessons for people external to the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music is strictly prohibited without written approval from the Head of School. Failing to comply will be considered misuse of space (see section 5.IV)
- General Campus operational hours (subject to variations):
Monday to Saturday 7:30am-11:30pm
All University of Melbourne campuses will be CLOSED on University Holidays.
- Accompanists not part of the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music must be escorted at all times, student and staff cards cannot be used by anyone other than the cardholder, please refer to section 5.20 of the Property Policy (MPF1115).
- Misuse of any space may result in booking privileges being restricted. Misuse is considered but not limited to any of the following:
- Failing to cancel a booking.
- Failure to disclose the nature of activity resulting in disruption to classes and/or damage to a space.
- Leaving a space in an untidy state, failing to pack away equipment/instruments
- Booking a space for private non-curricular activities.
- Not vacating the room by the end time of your booking.
- Subject to the Faculty Student Misconduct Process, restricted booking privileges could result in reduced booking quota time or no quota at all.
Booking a Room
- Students and staff must make bookings via the Asimut room bookings website.
- Students can book up to a week in advance, except Film and Television students who are allowed more than a week in advance.
- Minimum reservation time is 30 minutes.
- Students can check their quota from the public interface which are defined by your Head of Area.
- It is the responsibility of the booker to leave spaces in a clean and tidy state.
- Any damage to the room or equipment must be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nothing may be taken out of rooms without the prior approval.
- You will only have access to the room as per the time specified on your booking. You must vacate the room by your booking end time.
- Please be aware that in addition to these terms and conditions, each School has specific requirements for their individual spaces. Please take careful note of instructions stipulated in the student guides and any visible signage in the spaces.
- If you require additional support for use of facilities, please contact email@example.com more than 24 hours in advance.
- Group bookings are to made by one member of the group. Failure to provide accurate information or falsifying information will be subject to the Student Misconduct Process.
- For security issues, please call 03 9035 9311.
Canceling a booking
- For maximum room utilization and fair and equitable use of space
- Cancellations must be reported and made through the Asimut room booking system. Failing to cancel a booking could result in Student Misconduct Procedures.
Student Enquiry Form
Please submit an enquiry for any technical support with ASIMUT.
For enquiries such as class attendance, class details or other academically-related queries, please contact the Subject Coordinator.
Be sure to refer to the FAQs above before sending a request.
All staff users, please submit your enquiry via the Intranet
All student users, will no longer be required to set up/use their ASIMUT passwords, but instead will be able log in using their University credentials, the same way University email accounts and other University services are accessed.